Thursday 16 February 2012

FYI


Hi all

I've been a little quiet here on the Western (Eastern in reality but not as romantic sounding) Front. It's half term and have been mostly going to the cinema (The Muppets), going swimming (I felt like Miss Piggy) and having small people round to play (I now look like a Fraggle). 

What I am trying to say in my verbosity (did I make that up? What of it?) is that I haven't 'done' anything....in a 'I-haven't-had-a-moment-to-myself' kind of way.

Not that I haven't enjoyed every moment, I have. Ok, not every moment...I'm not Super-Mum, not by a long stretch, but it has been lovely to spend some time away from the computer (and work) with my four year old, the human dynamo. 


Whilst 'doing nothing' I've been scouting around for some more competitions to enter and thought that some of you out there might be interested in having a bash. So here you go - the links are below.

http://www.novelicious.com/noveliciousundiscovered2012.html 





http://www.bridportprize.org.uk/index.htm


Good luck and please let me know of any successes you have!


Although I have been relatively quiet, I am still sticking to the Manifesto For a Brilliant 2012.


I mentioned in an earlier blog about the whole bi-polar thing, and it isn't easy when that dreadful low pulls the rug from under your feet. However, I can honestly say, that I am feeling so much better since the start of this year. Which in itself is amazing as I really am not a Winter person. Generally in the winter I am close to tears most of the time.....I haven't cried (for no apparent reason) once this year.


Of course I still get upset about things, I haven't lost my soul, I just feel far more optimistic and philosophical than I ever have done before. And I am certain it's because I have set some goals and (maybe stupidly) made them public. But it's working. I am NOT stagnant.


I hope you're all enjoying 2012 as much. I have had some fantastic messages about your goals and achievements and I am really touched to think that you feel I have had some small part to play. Thank you.


Finally, Spring is almost here. A collective sigh of relief. My lovely husband bought be a huge bunch of daffs which are always guaranteed to make me smile, must be the Welsh in me. Life is good.


Hurrah for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment