The manifesto is keeping me really focused. I probably would've buckled by now but I have real, achievable aims. And, most importantly, I am not stagnant!
- I'm still hopping around excitedly from the news that my writing was highly commended. That was enough for one week really.
- On top of that we held our first meeting for folk wanting getting the most for our children's library.
- I had my very first telephone conversation with a Councillor....yes I know I should grow up but I was genuinely thrilled that he was interested in my ideas for the library.
- A lovely lady from East Sussex Library Service called me today and wants to meet with me at the library for a walk round to discuss what's wrong with it....and, not forgetting what's right with it. I would really appreciate it if any of you are available to come with me, I shall post the date when I have confirmed.
- The Head Teacher at the school where I work is keen to get our student council involved in the process of improving the library, and at some point would love them to have a chance to help in some of the decisions after consulting children from other Hastings' schools. How great would it be for our children to feel they have some ownership? (Rhetorical - please, no answers on postcards!).
- And... I have been invited to a meeting alongside other writers with the Hastings Online Times team to discuss future writing.
All in all a great week. Better still, this weekend I will be catching up with my old girlfriends - there will be much chatter and laughter! Life is sweet.
Have a great weekend everyone!